This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What's best for kids? Raspberry Pi, BBC Micro or Arduino?

.... or any other micro for home experiment etc? 

I'd like to get my grandson started (aged 9) - he has had good experiences with the LEGO Mindstorms (with his school he entered the SW IET competition!) But LEGO is really expensive - so I'd be interested in other people's views?
Parents
  • Great info - really appreciated. 

My grandson's teacher invited interested parents to go to suggest/advise the School Lego Mindstorms team on the next phase of the IET Lego competition - they won their SW round and went on to the next round in Bristol.  That was the first time I got to see Mindstorms close up - with his own kit (and maybe some support from Dad / Grandad -:) )  I think he might well 'get it' and it could become more than 'just a hobby' - but we'll have to see  . . . 

Once again - many thanks.

Nigel
  • Great info - really appreciated. 

My grandson's teacher invited interested parents to go to suggest/advise the School Lego Mindstorms team on the next phase of the IET Lego competition - they won their SW round and went on to the next round in Bristol.  That was the first time I got to see Mindstorms close up - with his own kit (and maybe some support from Dad / Grandad -:) )  I think he might well 'get it' and it could become more than 'just a hobby' - but we'll have to see  . . . 

Once again - many thanks.

Nigel
Children
No Data