This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What's best for kids? Raspberry Pi, BBC Micro or Arduino?

.... or any other micro for home experiment etc? 

I'd like to get my grandson started (aged 9) - he has had good experiences with the LEGO Mindstorms (with his school he entered the SW IET competition!) But LEGO is really expensive - so I'd be interested in other people's views?
Parents
  • Congratulations to them! My daughter's team got through to the national finals when she was 10, and she competed a couple more times at secondary school - and occasionally helped me in giving primary school introduction sessions. Although she went on into biology rather than engineering, she was telling me that now she is having to write software for data analysis she's finding that early introduction was incredibly useful - it now just comes naturally to her.

Have fun,

Andy

• Congratulations to them! My daughter's team got through to the national finals when she was 10, and she competed a couple more times at secondary school - and occasionally helped me in giving primary school introduction sessions. Although she went on into biology rather than engineering, she was telling me that now she is having to write software for data analysis she's finding that early introduction was incredibly useful - it now just comes naturally to her.

Have fun,

Andy

Children
No Data