This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Autonomous vehicles

Hi all friends,

I wanted to know if all garages that provide repair service are licensed to repair autonomous vehicles?

If not, please provide reasons.

I ask the community because if the garage has been authorized by the Ministry of Transport to repair cars I do not see it as a matter of training licensees for professional knowledge (of course up to a certain threshold), because the world of autonomy requires a good few years to know how the sensors work and I believe a person Normative In order to obtain permission for this, an employee with the rank of mechanical engineer from the automation section will be employed.

I would love to get factual and genuine answers that reflect actual reality
Parents
  • This is not always true (I also explained in previous forums) and I will explain: for example a fault lamp is on and I connect a diagnostic computer to an OBD socket and I see fault number P0403 and as you say I replace the exhaust gas cycle valve and still the fault exists it means not always reality (theory) reflects The practical and it means what exactly a professional person should perform before starting the sensor replacement and it means first check engine management software update (first stage), second stage check the sensor resistance at um meter and then draw conclusions. I if experience over 30 years in the automotive industry know in 100% garages replace parts only because a diagnostic device recorded a certain fault and like a straight mechanic / technician parrot replaces the part and it is incorrect and mismanagement. Any person who will be working very hard for a livelihood and it does not make sense that unprofessionalism will come on the client’s pocket. The sensors can show some malfunction but does not necessarily mean that the sensor is not working properly because the sensors are noisy from signals from additional sensors and this can be confusing, so as I explained above should be super professional and work in stages.
  • This is not always true (I also explained in previous forums) and I will explain: for example a fault lamp is on and I connect a diagnostic computer to an OBD socket and I see fault number P0403 and as you say I replace the exhaust gas cycle valve and still the fault exists it means not always reality (theory) reflects The practical and it means what exactly a professional person should perform before starting the sensor replacement and it means first check engine management software update (first stage), second stage check the sensor resistance at um meter and then draw conclusions. I if experience over 30 years in the automotive industry know in 100% garages replace parts only because a diagnostic device recorded a certain fault and like a straight mechanic / technician parrot replaces the part and it is incorrect and mismanagement. Any person who will be working very hard for a livelihood and it does not make sense that unprofessionalism will come on the client’s pocket. The sensors can show some malfunction but does not necessarily mean that the sensor is not working properly because the sensors are noisy from signals from additional sensors and this can be confusing, so as I explained above should be super professional and work in stages.
Children
No Data