This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Tonight a Dragon be launched

Whilst we all hope space X launch goes well , apparently we should be able to see it from UK is sky stays clear , at around  8:30pm when you spot the International space station (ISS) , at :8:50 you should see the dragon space capsule moving towards it , although still be pretty light in sky , but its hard not to miss ISS as its a bright as venus has been.

I don't know if general space travel gets discussed on community message boards , but it is rather energy intensive and polluting as a tourism idea and am a bit puzzled why NASA wants to go to moon when we can already get to mars and supply it , but the supply system to mars even for 12 people would be massive , at around 1/3 the size of the earth and an ave temp of -35oC , its going to pretty hard to grow crops and magnetosphere is less (but not as less as the moon) so high radiation levels possible .
Parents
  • I think the reason that NASA wants to go to the Moon is that nobody has landed a human on any planet since the 1970's.  Any technology used to do that is now utterly obsolete, and anyone working on it will be long since retired.  It makes sense to practice on something closer to home, so there's some chance that things will work when the first person gets to Mars.

We have now sent several robots to Mars, but an awfully high proportion have crashed into Mars, rather than landing on it.
  • I think the reason that NASA wants to go to the Moon is that nobody has landed a human on any planet since the 1970's.  Any technology used to do that is now utterly obsolete, and anyone working on it will be long since retired.  It makes sense to practice on something closer to home, so there's some chance that things will work when the first person gets to Mars.

We have now sent several robots to Mars, but an awfully high proportion have crashed into Mars, rather than landing on it.
Children
No Data