This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Plain Language Guide to Product Data for Manufacturers

Manufacturers produce a significant part of the information required to bring about a safer construction industry; but this information is currently not structured or shared in a consistent way.

If industry is to meet the challenges of a digital future, avoid a race to the bottom and respond to the requirements of a new building safety regulatory system, we need manufacturers to structure and share their data safely.

The IET is supporting a project to produce a Plain Language Guide to Product Data for Manufacturers in the UK and Europe.

Whilst the guide is being produced the editorial team is also publishing a series of blog posts on the IET website to raise discussion topics amongst manufacturers, and hosting a series of zoom calls, Find out more about this project and how you can get involved here.
Parents
  • Hi Andy

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your comment.

I love it when coincidences confirm the need to something – in this case some plain language guidance for manufacturers of product for the construction sector.

Prior to joining the IET I coordinated a large EU funded FP7 projects which was successful and well received by the EU, could not deliver on products data that we needed for a whole life cycle costing model we were developing. This is not just a UK problem, but remains a problem in many countries in Europe. My role here at IET, as  Built Environment Lead, means that am responsible for thought leadership, and policy input when appropriate. Have a look at our web page https://www.theiet.org/impact-society/ 

Your mention of transport and the safety of products chimes well with the Built Environment as has been seen with Grenfell disaster and the horror story that is emerging in the enquiry. My colleagues here at the IET, Paloma Cid‍ and Alan Howard may find your comments of interest too

Regards

Rick

• Hi Andy

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your comment.

I love it when coincidences confirm the need to something – in this case some plain language guidance for manufacturers of product for the construction sector.

Prior to joining the IET I coordinated a large EU funded FP7 projects which was successful and well received by the EU, could not deliver on products data that we needed for a whole life cycle costing model we were developing. This is not just a UK problem, but remains a problem in many countries in Europe. My role here at IET, as  Built Environment Lead, means that am responsible for thought leadership, and policy input when appropriate. Have a look at our web page https://www.theiet.org/impact-society/ 

Your mention of transport and the safety of products chimes well with the Built Environment as has been seen with Grenfell disaster and the horror story that is emerging in the enquiry. My colleagues here at the IET, Paloma Cid‍ and Alan Howard may find your comments of interest too

Regards

Rick

Children
No Data