This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Have we reached the peak of innovation in television broadcasting?

Last week the IET Anglian Coastal Network hosted a fascinating webinar on ‘The Future of TV: Let’s make it personal’ which started me thinking about what the future will hold.  It doesn’t seem that long ago that only a handful of television stations were broadcasting and now with the introduction of digital terrestrial, satellite, cable and other subscription services there are thousands of channels broadcasting all over the world.

We can now watch what we want, when we want to watch it, where we watch it and with more ‘personalisation’, how we choose to watch it too.  So, if I want to watch the next Formula 1 race entirely from the view of the driver then I can choose to do that as well as bring up other information to enhance my viewing experience. But… what’s next?  As TV watching has evolved so quickly over the past few years, what does the future hold? Is there more innovation to come or have we reached a plateau?
Parents
  • I am sorry, Harry, that you are not getting value from your 3D TV. Amazon has a few offerings, or you could try organisations like Netflix, which have vast resources and are more likely to promote 3D. Or keep an eye on what Sky is doing next. If 3D ever should get going, these are the most likely places. 

• I am sorry, Harry, that you are not getting value from your 3D TV. Amazon has a few offerings, or you could try organisations like Netflix, which have vast resources and are more likely to promote 3D. Or keep an eye on what Sky is doing next. If 3D ever should get going, these are the most likely places. 

Children
No Data