This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Queen of the Skies

It was sad to see the announcement over the weekend that British Airways are disbanding their fleet of Boeing 747s.  Although I've flown fairly frequently, I never managed flight in a 747. 

Are there any other airlines out there that are still flying these aircraft? 

Otherwise this will be one to add to my list of aircraft I wanted to fly on that I never achieved, along with the Sunderland Flying Boat and Concorde.

Does anyone else have a list of aircraft now defunct that they always wanted to fly on?
Parents
  • Thank you both for your posts.

Andy - I can't believe you turned down the chance of a flight on Concorde!  With regards to the Sunderland Flying Boat, I've heard that there may still be one in airworthy condition flying up in either Canada or the Americas, so perhaps if that is the case one of our community members will enlighten us? 

I have been inside a stationery Short Sandringham which is on display in a museum in Southampton, which was interesting.  At first  I was a bit perplexed at the opening windows but then realised that of course they wouldn't have flown at a particularly high altitude.
  • Thank you both for your posts.

Andy - I can't believe you turned down the chance of a flight on Concorde!  With regards to the Sunderland Flying Boat, I've heard that there may still be one in airworthy condition flying up in either Canada or the Americas, so perhaps if that is the case one of our community members will enlighten us? 

I have been inside a stationery Short Sandringham which is on display in a museum in Southampton, which was interesting.  At first  I was a bit perplexed at the opening windows but then realised that of course they wouldn't have flown at a particularly high altitude.
Children
No Data