This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Queen of the Skies

It was sad to see the announcement over the weekend that British Airways are disbanding their fleet of Boeing 747s.  Although I've flown fairly frequently, I never managed flight in a 747. 

Are there any other airlines out there that are still flying these aircraft? 

Otherwise this will be one to add to my list of aircraft I wanted to fly on that I never achieved, along with the Sunderland Flying Boat and Concorde.

Does anyone else have a list of aircraft now defunct that they always wanted to fly on?
Parents
  • I have travelled in Boeing 747s on a few occasions, including first class on Virgin Atlantic on one occasion. Such a great travelling experience! I was quite sorry to reach the destination, where I was obliged to leave this lovely environment!

I have never travelled on Concorde, but had a good look round the one preserved at Brooklands Museum.

Deborah-Claire - do try to go on an Airbus 380 while there is still the chance. My wife and I did quite recently, to Abu Dhabi and back with Etihad. Great airline and great aircraft!

• I have travelled in Boeing 747s on a few occasions, including first class on Virgin Atlantic on one occasion. Such a great travelling experience! I was quite sorry to reach the destination, where I was obliged to leave this lovely environment!

I have never travelled on Concorde, but had a good look round the one preserved at Brooklands Museum.

Deborah-Claire - do try to go on an Airbus 380 while there is still the chance. My wife and I did quite recently, to Abu Dhabi and back with Etihad. Great airline and great aircraft!

Children
No Data