This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Fossil fuel cars waste hundreds of times more raw materials than EVs

Another piece of meaningless green propaganda from E&T.

https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2021/03/fossil-fuel-cars-waste-hundreds-of-times-more-raw-materials-than-evs/

How can people write such rubbish? This is based on the assumption that electricity arrives at the charging socket of an EV without the consumption of resources. Where does it come from, unicorn farts? Where does the energy used for recycling the batteries come from? What other materials are used in battery recycling? Definitely green tinted glasses.

Parents
  • Statistics!

The article also mentions gigafactories (or factories, as they were when I started work). I presume they involve a lot of concrete.....

What if we just made cars that lasted longer and were easy to fix any broken/worn bits, that might save resources + smaller factories.

The stack of oil barrels sounds impressive, would be even higher if we put the oil in beer cans! I fully expect to see this type of comparison very soon, as soon as the ad-men catch on :-)
  • Statistics!

The article also mentions gigafactories (or factories, as they were when I started work). I presume they involve a lot of concrete.....

What if we just made cars that lasted longer and were easy to fix any broken/worn bits, that might save resources + smaller factories.

The stack of oil barrels sounds impressive, would be even higher if we put the oil in beer cans! I fully expect to see this type of comparison very soon, as soon as the ad-men catch on :-)
Children
No Data