This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Solar PV Battery Storage

Hi All, Wondering if anyone would have a simple spreadhseet to show the amount of batteries and storage needed for a 5MW solar PV system. I am looking to demonstrate to a client that it is not financially viable and he needs to export rather than on site storage/Use.
Parents
  • Chris

I agree with Simon you need to build an economic analysis model (spreadsheet) incorporating all relevant information including capital costs, operating and maintenance costs, load factor, electricity demand, generation and battery supply profile (cost/value)and any decommissioning and disposal liabilities. 

The project cashflow (based on electricity price and generation profile), Net Present Value (at various discount rates),  breakeven time can be established (with and without a battery system), and various economic indicators and sensitivity to key factors on the project can be established. Normally run as a +/- % of key variables to establish a sensitivity spider diagram. 

• Chris

I agree with Simon you need to build an economic analysis model (spreadsheet) incorporating all relevant information including capital costs, operating and maintenance costs, load factor, electricity demand, generation and battery supply profile (cost/value)and any decommissioning and disposal liabilities. 

The project cashflow (based on electricity price and generation profile), Net Present Value (at various discount rates),  breakeven time can be established (with and without a battery system), and various economic indicators and sensitivity to key factors on the project can be established. Normally run as a +/- % of key variables to establish a sensitivity spider diagram. 

Children
No Data