This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Solar PV Battery Storage

Hi All, Wondering if anyone would have a simple spreadhseet to show the amount of batteries and storage needed for a 5MW solar PV system. I am looking to demonstrate to a client that it is not financially viable and he needs to export rather than on site storage/Use.
Parents
  • I only have customer with domestic scale battery storage, they are quite happy with it seeing them through from sunset to around ten o’clock at night, rather than being completely off grid and the batteries maintaining a supply until sunrise.

Most of the year they export in the afternoons after the batteries are charged, but cannot justify installing extra batteries to go off grid, despite having spare generation capacity.

If they want grid backup they have to pay the standing charge for the connection, the balance payment for import minus export isn’t significant.
  • I only have customer with domestic scale battery storage, they are quite happy with it seeing them through from sunset to around ten o’clock at night, rather than being completely off grid and the batteries maintaining a supply until sunrise.

Most of the year they export in the afternoons after the batteries are charged, but cannot justify installing extra batteries to go off grid, despite having spare generation capacity.

If they want grid backup they have to pay the standing charge for the connection, the balance payment for import minus export isn’t significant.
Children
No Data