This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Solar PV Battery Storage

Hi All, Wondering if anyone would have a simple spreadhseet to show the amount of batteries and storage needed for a 5MW solar PV system. I am looking to demonstrate to a client that it is not financially viable and he needs to export rather than on site storage/Use.
Parents
  • Sparkingchip:

There cannot be a national electricity distribution network that people can connect to just in case their off grid setup lets them down without paying a high standing charge to cover the periods they are not using it.

The economy of scale is only available if everyone uses the grid.

Over the last spring and summer, I was paying more in standing charges than for the electricity I was using.  There's a good reason why electricity companies have stopped offering tarriffs with no standing charge (and the few that do have a minimum yearly payment instead).

• Sparkingchip:

There cannot be a national electricity distribution network that people can connect to just in case their off grid setup lets them down without paying a high standing charge to cover the periods they are not using it.

The economy of scale is only available if everyone uses the grid.

Over the last spring and summer, I was paying more in standing charges than for the electricity I was using.  There's a good reason why electricity companies have stopped offering tarriffs with no standing charge (and the few that do have a minimum yearly payment instead).

Children
No Data