This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Undergraduate PCB Design Freelance - What to charge?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hello IET Members. 

I am currently in the third year of my undergraduate EEE course. I have been approached by a company, where I was an intern before university, to design a small PCB for them. 

They are asking me for a quote. As I have not entered the world of work yet, I do not know what is a reasonable hourly rate for PCB design consultation, especially someone at my stage in the career. 

So, could other members give me a ballpark figure of how much I should be charging per hour?

Many thanks,

Tom
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thanks for the very informative post Andy. I have experience with their requirements for PCB work from my internship. I am also slightly concerned about my responsibility, so we decided it would be best for me to design a basic prototype for evaluation and go from there.  I have asked for around the £20/hour mark so will see what they say.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thanks for the very informative post Andy. I have experience with their requirements for PCB work from my internship. I am also slightly concerned about my responsibility, so we decided it would be best for me to design a basic prototype for evaluation and go from there.  I have asked for around the £20/hour mark so will see what they say.
Children
No Data