This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Free Speech on US Social Media Firms and the Future of the USD

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
To curtail the 'Freedom of Speech' of a Sitting President, just goes on to show the great financial and economic risk that some social media firms operate with, and the subsequent bogus financial value that it is allocated for some reasons - other than a market evaluated and risk assessed fundamental. If social media firms, start subjugating a Sitting President, it is obviously above the laws itself - making it a void when analysing for any financial worth.

The trillion dollar social media market becomes clearly a hype - rather than a reality for the US market and calculated on the US Dollar. A possible reason for the further deterioration of the USD in the world markets!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-09/donald-trump-twitter-account-permanently-suspend-capital-riot/13044570

Parents
  • Just because you have freedom of speech, it doesn't mean that anyone else has to publish it.  If I write a lengthy rant to my local newspaper, then they can publish it or not - it's their newspaper and their choice.

The social media companies want to get as many viewers as possible, because it attracts more advertisers.  It's the advertisers that are the source of their income.  But they have to be a bit careful.  If they post hate speech, then it drives advertisers away as they don't want their products associated with such things.  Also, every time something inappropriate gets posted to social media, there are fresh calls for them to be more heavily regulated.  That generally means that all posts would have to pass through a censor before they can go on-line.  That would rapidly destroy the whole interactive nature of social media.

So the social media companies walk a fine line.  They want as much stuff posted as possible, right up to the point where advertisers withraw their adverts and lawmakers start hinting at more regulation.
  • Just because you have freedom of speech, it doesn't mean that anyone else has to publish it.  If I write a lengthy rant to my local newspaper, then they can publish it or not - it's their newspaper and their choice.

The social media companies want to get as many viewers as possible, because it attracts more advertisers.  It's the advertisers that are the source of their income.  But they have to be a bit careful.  If they post hate speech, then it drives advertisers away as they don't want their products associated with such things.  Also, every time something inappropriate gets posted to social media, there are fresh calls for them to be more heavily regulated.  That generally means that all posts would have to pass through a censor before they can go on-line.  That would rapidly destroy the whole interactive nature of social media.

So the social media companies walk a fine line.  They want as much stuff posted as possible, right up to the point where advertisers withraw their adverts and lawmakers start hinting at more regulation.
Children
No Data