This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Advice on training

Hi guys just wanted some advice on career progression and my options. Here is a bit about me. 

I’m 25 served originally a mechanical apprenticeship then completed a HNC in mechanical engineering. I was always curious about the electrical industry and wanted to know more and learn more so I decided to work for a company carrying out maintenance where I then completed an electrical apprenticeship. I am a very inquisitive individual so as you can imagine have many questions on topics I’d like to understand better which at a technician level is not always possible getting the answers off peers. 

My interest is in electrical engineering and am wanting to hopefully study towards a HND/ maybe a degree but wanted advice on what you guys reckon is best. I am currently in full time work. Not sure if it’s best to stay where I am and self fund a HND while I still work (I know it may be hard as I don’t think I will be allocated any time at work to study). Or to potentially find a job with another company which will support my studies? 

thank you for your help in advance guys 

Jack
Parents
  • MrJack96:

Hi guys just wanted some advice on career progression and my options. Here is a bit about me. 

I’m 25 served originally a mechanical apprenticeship then completed a HNC in mechanical engineering. I was always curious about the electrical industry and wanted to know more and learn more so I decided to work for a company carrying out maintenance where I then completed an electrical apprenticeship. I am a very inquisitive individual so as you can imagine have many questions on topics I’d like to understand better which at a technician level is not always possible getting the answers off peers. 

My interest is in electrical engineering and am wanting to hopefully study towards a HND/ maybe a degree but wanted advice on what you guys reckon is best. I am currently in full time work. Not sure if it’s best to stay where I am and self fund a HND while I still work (I know it may be hard as I don’t think I will be allocated any time at work to study). Or to potentially find a job with another company which will support my studies? 

Jack 

You may find some sage advice from working electricians and consultants on the I.E.T's Wiring & Regulations' forum.

Z.

• MrJack96:

Jack 

You may find some sage advice from working electricians and consultants on the I.E.T's Wiring & Regulations' forum.

Z.

Children
No Data