This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

We need your help to tackle the transport challenge!

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Our aim is not to “drain the ocean” in a few months but to add a voice of engineering insight to the debate, demolish potential myths and legends and suggest some sensible ways forward. We don’t expect to achieve pinpoint accuracy in our investigation, but we can be honest about that. We want to establish some genuine truths and point to where more work or funding should be focussed. We need more information and guidance to existing reliable reports and research on carbon in materials mining and manufacture, infrastructure provision, renewal and maintenance, and end of life recycling. Please share your thoughts by commenting below.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Again very helpful and I’ll keep in my mind your rule of thumb re 3:1 Electricity/Hydrogen.  I have now got some good material from RSSB on trains and have approached HS2 and NR for infrastructure values.  Certainly today steel and concrete manufacture is fossil-fuel powered.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Again very helpful and I’ll keep in my mind your rule of thumb re 3:1 Electricity/Hydrogen.  I have now got some good material from RSSB on trains and have approached HS2 and NR for infrastructure values.  Certainly today steel and concrete manufacture is fossil-fuel powered.
Children
No Data