This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What are the actual benefits of a 'passive house'?

On my lunchtime walk around town I pass by a construction site on a local residential street where an old house has been demolished and a couple of ‘passive houses’ are being built on the patch of land. 

I don’t know an awful lot about passive houses but I’m wondering if they are really worth the £699,995 price tag that’s being asked for them? 

They’re basically a three bedroom bungalow with two bedrooms in the roof space (dormers and skylight as windows) and one bedroom downstairs with an open plan kitchen/diner/lounge. A standard three bedroom house in the town goes for anywhere around £300 to £400k.

Can you really justify the extra £300k+ price tag for a passive house’? 

Parents
  • Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR) is a whole house ventilation system that both supplies and extracts air throughout a property. It offers a balanced low energy ventilation solution for new dwellings and re-uses up to 95% of the heat that would have otherwise have been lost.
  • Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR) is a whole house ventilation system that both supplies and extracts air throughout a property. It offers a balanced low energy ventilation solution for new dwellings and re-uses up to 95% of the heat that would have otherwise have been lost.
Children
No Data