This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electric Vehicles - Impact on electrical network. Survey of vehicle uptake.

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Dear IET forum,

I am carrying out research into the impacts of the projected surge of electric vehicle uptake on the local network infrastructure. The results will be used as part of my Technical report for Ceng. Please could you spare 2 minutes completing the survey in the link below? Its very short I assure you and completely anonymous. My aim is to understand a sample of peoples views on them personally taking up ownership of electric vehicles and if the pandemic may have changed their future car ownership behaviours. 

When complete i can post the results here and if you are interested make a comment and i can send you the finished technical report.

Much appreciated, thank you in advance.!
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CC7GJSB

Parents
  • Agreed Andy,

The problem can be solved if we encourage hybrid electric cars which have a small battery just sufficient to travel 30 kilometre inside city centres thus eliminating pollution of our air.

On the motorways use the diesel/petrol engine to drive and charge up the batteries.  The CO2 will be immediately absorbed by the trees and green vegetation in nearby fields, so not polluting the air we breath.

The smaller the car the better of course; ideal is 30 kW brushless permanent magnet motor with small 15kWh Li ion battery.

This will save the national grid from the problem of having to rebuild and reinforce both transmission lines and new power stations which if oil/gas is running out will probably have to be nuclear or coal fired with carbon capture re-cycling.     CliveS
  • Agreed Andy,

The problem can be solved if we encourage hybrid electric cars which have a small battery just sufficient to travel 30 kilometre inside city centres thus eliminating pollution of our air.

On the motorways use the diesel/petrol engine to drive and charge up the batteries.  The CO2 will be immediately absorbed by the trees and green vegetation in nearby fields, so not polluting the air we breath.

The smaller the car the better of course; ideal is 30 kW brushless permanent magnet motor with small 15kWh Li ion battery.

This will save the national grid from the problem of having to rebuild and reinforce both transmission lines and new power stations which if oil/gas is running out will probably have to be nuclear or coal fired with carbon capture re-cycling.     CliveS
Children
No Data