This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Climate change: Do we have the skills to tackle it?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
By working more closely with schools, colleges, and universities, can industry prioritise reskilling​ and upskilling​ the current workforce? How do we ensure future engineers​ have the right skills to address climate change? Comment below to share your thoughts! You can also learn more in our recent IET skills for net zero and a green recovery 2020 survey.
Parents
    1. The IET is a global organisation, not a UK organisation. "We" are everybody in the world.

• Even if we do take a UK-Centric view, the UK researches and develop technologies that are used world wide.

• And if we want to be really selfish and mercenary progressing to e.g. carbon neutral therefore provides a lot of work for UK engineers. (Not that that's the point, at least as far as I'm concerned.)

• As Simon says.

• Personally (having just seen comments on another thread on this forum re wind power) I find it very frustrating when a profession that is supposed to be based around innovation and development seems obsessed with rubbishing advances in technology. Fortunately I suspect the people who post in these forums are not those who are actually leading the engineering profession, which is why they feel the need to post here. And fortunately again the views expressed on these forums (including the views expressed in this post I'm writing now) have no influence on anything at all - it's a bit sad that that's the one cheering point I find in these types of discussions. 

1. The IET is a global organisation, not a UK organisation. "We" are everybody in the world.

• Even if we do take a UK-Centric view, the UK researches and develop technologies that are used world wide.

• And if we want to be really selfish and mercenary progressing to e.g. carbon neutral therefore provides a lot of work for UK engineers. (Not that that's the point, at least as far as I'm concerned.)

• As Simon says.

• Personally (having just seen comments on another thread on this forum re wind power) I find it very frustrating when a profession that is supposed to be based around innovation and development seems obsessed with rubbishing advances in technology. Fortunately I suspect the people who post in these forums are not those who are actually leading the engineering profession, which is why they feel the need to post here. And fortunately again the views expressed on these forums (including the views expressed in this post I'm writing now) have no influence on anything at all - it's a bit sad that that's the one cheering point I find in these types of discussions. 

Children
No Data