This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Are hydrogen trains the way forward?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Last year a hydrogen-powered train travelled on Britain’s rail network with the aim to start carrying passengers by the end of 2021. What are your thoughts on hydrogen technology, key considerations, or risks? Comment below to share your thoughts!
Parents
  • OOH,....The R101 and the Hindenburg spring to mind, but then the volatility of Hydrogen as a fuel is considered as a possible danger in the article.

The CO2 emmissions seem to be regarded as being rather high,which surprised me as I thought the burning of Hydorgen produced H2O and not CO2.

What ever we do in the development of technology the answers will never be totally green.

Consider the 7 Billion humans on this planet releasing CO2 continually and if all these humans want to stay fit and run marathons or ride their bicycles then they will release more CO2.

Legh
  • OOH,....The R101 and the Hindenburg spring to mind, but then the volatility of Hydrogen as a fuel is considered as a possible danger in the article.

The CO2 emmissions seem to be regarded as being rather high,which surprised me as I thought the burning of Hydorgen produced H2O and not CO2.

What ever we do in the development of technology the answers will never be totally green.

Consider the 7 Billion humans on this planet releasing CO2 continually and if all these humans want to stay fit and run marathons or ride their bicycles then they will release more CO2.

Legh
Children
No Data