This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Would anyone with a visual impairment like to chat?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I have been visually impaired since birth and have 20/100 vision as well as a host of other issues related to being born with cataracts. I've been working as a Building services consultant since I left university and have really enjoyed my job, but a scare last year when I developed a detached retina has left me unsure about my future plans and how to manage the likely degeneration in my limited eyesight that will occur as I age. 

I'd be really interested to speak with other visually impaired people in technical roles, really just to see some other points of view from a similar situation as I don't know anyone else in the same position as me in real life. 

Amanda
Parents
  • Hi Amanda

I'll email you privately with the contact details of one of my past volunteers who is more than happy to chat with you about being an engineer and visually impaired. 

Hope that helps!

Lisa
  • Hi Amanda

I'll email you privately with the contact details of one of my past volunteers who is more than happy to chat with you about being an engineer and visually impaired. 

Hope that helps!

Lisa
Children
No Data