This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

re Reputable suppliers of solar panels.

I'm interested in an off grid / supplementary solar panel system for my own use. I'm part p but only part time and semi retired- there's absolutely no value in me doing all the courses to become a renewables installer.

But trying to find panels online to buy is a minefield: I get loads of companies trying to sell me complete packages , and I get all sorts "shops" selling panels with so many different names and claimed outputs ,  I really don't know where to start. These things are obviously imported, mainly from the far east and I know quality can vary enormously, so I need a reputable supplier who will sell me them with some sort guarantee.There must be plenty, but how to sort the wheat from the chaff, as it were?
Parents
  • There are not many credible situations, one maybe when a new roof is needed or if few panels are mechanically damaged, insurance prefers to pay for a new system, or the maker is no longer in business so spares that suit are hard to get. I must admit I have been thinking of this as a way to get some VA for a shed, not being afraid to tinker a bit, but what you may do for yourself is not the same as a paying customer..

M.
  • There are not many credible situations, one maybe when a new roof is needed or if few panels are mechanically damaged, insurance prefers to pay for a new system, or the maker is no longer in business so spares that suit are hard to get. I must admit I have been thinking of this as a way to get some VA for a shed, not being afraid to tinker a bit, but what you may do for yourself is not the same as a paying customer..

M.
Children
No Data