This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Flu lamp question

Were there ever any flu  lampsmade for 380 or 440 volts?  I mean proper ones with magnetic ballasts and starters
Parents
  • In principle it would be possible, and you certainly used to see mercury vapour bulbs (not tubes  as far as I know) run between phases for lighting  places like stadia, where the large size of the site makes voltage drop a concern, but quite often with the ballast ( which is really an impedance matching network if you like) at the bottom of the pole, often with adjustable taps to match the voltages. Nowadays they will be the more modern high pressure sodium or metal halide or some sort, and soon to be replaced by LEDs no doubt.

Mike
  • In principle it would be possible, and you certainly used to see mercury vapour bulbs (not tubes  as far as I know) run between phases for lighting  places like stadia, where the large size of the site makes voltage drop a concern, but quite often with the ballast ( which is really an impedance matching network if you like) at the bottom of the pole, often with adjustable taps to match the voltages. Nowadays they will be the more modern high pressure sodium or metal halide or some sort, and soon to be replaced by LEDs no doubt.

Mike
Children
No Data