This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electricity supply to Jersey under threat.

TPTB in France have threatened to cut of the power to the island of Jersey as part of an ongoing dispute.

Jersey is very reliant on power from France via several submarine cables.

What I can not find is any up to date information on 

Maximum demand on Jersey

Average demand.

On island generating capacity.

Contingency plans for extra generation.

Contingency plans for load shedding.

I would urge that we confine ourselves to the strictly ELECTRICAL aspects and refrain from political or brexit related arguments.
Parents
  • Interesting I never knew much about French distribution arrangements i know I've got it in my mind that the electricity there is not very reliable having once been on a daytrip to Dinard from Jersey and the courier told us that its was likely that the power would go off in the restaurant we were in  as it did so several times a day. Bad for them ad cooking was all electric no gas in that part of town. I seem to remember that the link from Isle of man to the UK is a 90 Kv cable as well
  • Interesting I never knew much about French distribution arrangements i know I've got it in my mind that the electricity there is not very reliable having once been on a daytrip to Dinard from Jersey and the courier told us that its was likely that the power would go off in the restaurant we were in  as it did so several times a day. Bad for them ad cooking was all electric no gas in that part of town. I seem to remember that the link from Isle of man to the UK is a 90 Kv cable as well
Children
No Data