This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electronic Waste.

One for ebee linked to his earlier link. Drowning under a sea of old  electronic junk and rusting E.V.s

UK electrical waste mountain growing - BBC News

Z.
Parents
  • I assure you that it does, but in many cases, suitable recyclable things are not available. How can you recycle a printed circuit board (often epoxy glass or thermosetting paxolin), the components used, the semiconductors etc. I can sell you a cheap Pentium or Xeon processor or old types of memory if you find them useful, but Windows 10 isn't a lot of good using these. I still have some 16 kb RAMs somewhere from the 80's, they are not much use except as possibly hardcore in concrete. Can you change a 1000 pin BGA chip with any chance of success if it fails? I rather doubt it. One could blame technology but have you tried to recycle a wind turbine? All the same problems there, particularly the blades (tons of epoxy glass), or the power inverter? That is a problem for next year when we are guaranteed to have 300,000 of a 1MW size! Pigs may fly.
  • I assure you that it does, but in many cases, suitable recyclable things are not available. How can you recycle a printed circuit board (often epoxy glass or thermosetting paxolin), the components used, the semiconductors etc. I can sell you a cheap Pentium or Xeon processor or old types of memory if you find them useful, but Windows 10 isn't a lot of good using these. I still have some 16 kb RAMs somewhere from the 80's, they are not much use except as possibly hardcore in concrete. Can you change a 1000 pin BGA chip with any chance of success if it fails? I rather doubt it. One could blame technology but have you tried to recycle a wind turbine? All the same problems there, particularly the blades (tons of epoxy glass), or the power inverter? That is a problem for next year when we are guaranteed to have 300,000 of a 1MW size! Pigs may fly.
Children
No Data