This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

The Impact of Returning to Work in a SARS Environment

Although many sectors have either returned to work or are returning to work, they would have had to investigate methods to prepare the working environment to limit the spread of COVID.  On behalf of IET Safety Panel, I have been undertaking some research with regard to some of the best practice that may have been adopted to address the spread of COVID amongst the workforce.  Some of the findings are in the attached document.  Please feel free to read.  However, this document is not policy, it is there as guidance material. 

20210608-Returning to Work.docx

If you have any additional practices that you wish to share please let me know.  Likewise, an area that still needs to be addressed is 'How to manage Skill Fade'?  If you have any thoughts or experience on the subject, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John
Parents
  • Hi Zoomup,

I hope this may answer your question:  Skill Fade is defined as the decay of ability or adeptness over a period of non-use.

An example maybe riding a bike after a period of non-activity is relatively straight forward, because it is an automatic response.  However, in the military individuals who do not fire weapons on a regular basis become rusty (skill fade) in their weapon handling skills because there are several actions (stoppage drills) that they have to remember correctly and they are unable to pass the weapons handling test.

• Hi Zoomup,

I hope this may answer your question:  Skill Fade is defined as the decay of ability or adeptness over a period of non-use.

An example maybe riding a bike after a period of non-activity is relatively straight forward, because it is an automatic response.  However, in the military individuals who do not fire weapons on a regular basis become rusty (skill fade) in their weapon handling skills because there are several actions (stoppage drills) that they have to remember correctly and they are unable to pass the weapons handling test.

Children
No Data