This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

EV Chargers located at commercial premises - or lack of?

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/touring-electric-coach-stranded-eden-5524525

Oh dear!

The Shell 170 kW charger is a big beast, a couple of those would likely hit the local network? Although perhaps not that day...

Clive
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Charging stations having reliability problems, generally either due to lack of maintenance or issues with network connectivity for payment/authorisation is a known problem, but having failed to charge a custom-vehicle at five separate locations I would be suspicious of some kind of fault with the coach. Perhaps not-quite meeting the charging standard in some way, or perhaps meeting it technically but being sufficiently different from the vehicles the chargers have been tested with to find some bug or corner case with them.

Actually I think something like a coach is an obvious candidate for supporting a decent AC charge rate (22 or 43 kW) in addition to the DC charging, The weight penalty of adding such a charger to the coach is minimal given its size, and AC charge points are inherently more reliable, being little more than a mains connector and some basic signalling.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Charging stations having reliability problems, generally either due to lack of maintenance or issues with network connectivity for payment/authorisation is a known problem, but having failed to charge a custom-vehicle at five separate locations I would be suspicious of some kind of fault with the coach. Perhaps not-quite meeting the charging standard in some way, or perhaps meeting it technically but being sufficiently different from the vehicles the chargers have been tested with to find some bug or corner case with them.

Actually I think something like a coach is an obvious candidate for supporting a decent AC charge rate (22 or 43 kW) in addition to the DC charging, The weight penalty of adding such a charger to the coach is minimal given its size, and AC charge points are inherently more reliable, being little more than a mains connector and some basic signalling.

Children
No Data