This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Private wire from a wind turbine

Hi, does anyone have any information on bringing a private wire from an adjacent wind turbine owned by a national company, 2 no 2.5MVA wind turbines, I'm looking for information as it does not seem very straight forward

Parents
  • Hi Chris,

As David suggests having either the wind farm as the owner of the point of supply and your estate as a tenant, or vice-versa, is technically the simplest arrangement though does carry commercial risks to one or both parties. You will likely not be allowed by the DNO to operate two supply points in parallel within your network and at HV measures would be needed to be applied to enforce this separation. Having your main supply via the wind farm and retaining a fully-rated, normally-open supply point from the DNO to insure against supplier failure might be possible, as might be other configurations depending on what everyone's equipment / networks look like.

Alternatively there are virtual “sleeved” arrangements where you procure energy directly from the wind turbine via a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). You do then pay DNO charges for use of their network.

I have sent you a PM with contact details in case you wish to explore physical connections further.

• Hi Chris,

As David suggests having either the wind farm as the owner of the point of supply and your estate as a tenant, or vice-versa, is technically the simplest arrangement though does carry commercial risks to one or both parties. You will likely not be allowed by the DNO to operate two supply points in parallel within your network and at HV measures would be needed to be applied to enforce this separation. Having your main supply via the wind farm and retaining a fully-rated, normally-open supply point from the DNO to insure against supplier failure might be possible, as might be other configurations depending on what everyone's equipment / networks look like.

Alternatively there are virtual “sleeved” arrangements where you procure energy directly from the wind turbine via a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). You do then pay DNO charges for use of their network.

I have sent you a PM with contact details in case you wish to explore physical connections further.

Children
No Data