This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

EVs and the public, Interesting!

Parents
  • As I pulled onto my driveway yesterday there was a self employed Amazon delivery guy dropping packages off at neighbours homes.

He was driving a 2004 Renault Trafic van, you could buy a van like that and be on the road as a self employed delivery driver for around £2K, to replace that van with a new electric delivery van could cost £60K.

It is not going to happen, unless Amazon buy the vans and employ the drivers or arrange leases and ensure the self employed drivers earn enough to cover the cost.

• As I pulled onto my driveway yesterday there was a self employed Amazon delivery guy dropping packages off at neighbours homes.

He was driving a 2004 Renault Trafic van, you could buy a van like that and be on the road as a self employed delivery driver for around £2K, to replace that van with a new electric delivery van could cost £60K.

It is not going to happen, unless Amazon buy the vans and employ the drivers or arrange leases and ensure the self employed drivers earn enough to cover the cost.

Children
No Data