This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Are we scaling enough on IET with new engineering students?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Hi

this is a general topic. I don't have the understanding and I don't have current facts. 

when I was at engineering college studying BTEC, 4 years (1992 to 1996) none of my tutors ever spoke about IIE or IEE. None of them. I was not aware of Eng Tech, Ieng or Ceng. It was never suggested or advised by tutors to register with the engineering council.  I know me and other students would have taken it seriously.

I wonder today, are engineering colleges promoting IET and Engineering council? Eng Tech, Ieng, Ceng ?  

Am very curious on the current state of students of engineering, having this visibility and inspiration for recognition and career progression?

As I stated before, I don't have the current today facts. So am very curious.

Parents
  • Interesting comments which make me think that it may be down to the educational establishment, or even the individual faculty members.

When I was at university studying we were all strongly encouraged to apply for student membership of the IET, and my memory of it is that it was one or two specific professors who were pushing this. As this was in our first year (1983-4) it is not something recent but I am interested to see the different experiences recounted above.

• Interesting comments which make me think that it may be down to the educational establishment, or even the individual faculty members.

When I was at university studying we were all strongly encouraged to apply for student membership of the IET, and my memory of it is that it was one or two specific professors who were pushing this. As this was in our first year (1983-4) it is not something recent but I am interested to see the different experiences recounted above.

Children
No Data