This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

RFI from LED lights

I'm planning to build a garden room to house my amateur radio equipment.

Naturally I'd like it to be as energy efficient as possible but I'm aware that LED lighting has a reputation for generating interference across the HF bands.

Any suggestions on how to minimise this please?

Mike G8GYW

Parents
  • Thanks Mike, that's very helpful. I am aware of issues with ADSL etc. but want to address one problem at a time!

My antenna is an end fed half wave covering 80m to 10m but my main interest is in the lower (noiser) bands - 80, 40 and 20. The antenna runs from a pole 10 metres agl quite close to where the shack will be built. Equipment will be mains powered via a TT system.

Mike G8GYW

• Thanks Mike, that's very helpful. I am aware of issues with ADSL etc. but want to address one problem at a time!

My antenna is an end fed half wave covering 80m to 10m but my main interest is in the lower (noiser) bands - 80, 40 and 20. The antenna runs from a pole 10 metres agl quite close to where the shack will be built. Equipment will be mains powered via a TT system.

Mike G8GYW

Children
No Data