This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electric Vehicles and Hybrids

The advantage of electric vehicles is to reduce carbon emissions and these can be charged at home and if you are lucky may even be charged by a solar panel on your roof. Excellent.

But some hybrids do not have a home charger socket and also no way of switching on to electric only when in city centres.  

Can someone please explain to me how these hybrids can be more efficient than an identical none electric car which does not have to carry an extra battery etc?   

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

I have ordered a Mach E Mustang as a company car with a ten month + waiting list so in the interim period I am driving a Toyota CHR 1.8 HYBRID, it delivers you the best of both worlds, city and traffic driving on battery and a joint battery and engine on the motorway, on one occasion I drove from London to Newbury on the M4 with road works all the way, when I arrived the instrument cluster displays a snap shot of your last MPG and the Toyota returned 78MPG, even at 70MPH and you take your foot off the pedal the battery kicks in, as for financial viability it is second to none, on average with my weekly high mileage I use a tank of fuel in comparison my own car is a Jaguar XF and for the same journeys I use two and a half tanks of fuel ( with a bigger tank) 

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

I have ordered a Mach E Mustang as a company car with a ten month + waiting list so in the interim period I am driving a Toyota CHR 1.8 HYBRID, it delivers you the best of both worlds, city and traffic driving on battery and a joint battery and engine on the motorway, on one occasion I drove from London to Newbury on the M4 with road works all the way, when I arrived the instrument cluster displays a snap shot of your last MPG and the Toyota returned 78MPG, even at 70MPH and you take your foot off the pedal the battery kicks in, as for financial viability it is second to none, on average with my weekly high mileage I use a tank of fuel in comparison my own car is a Jaguar XF and for the same journeys I use two and a half tanks of fuel ( with a bigger tank) 

Children
No Data