This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electric Vehicles and Hybrids

The advantage of electric vehicles is to reduce carbon emissions and these can be charged at home and if you are lucky may even be charged by a solar panel on your roof. Excellent.

But some hybrids do not have a home charger socket and also no way of switching on to electric only when in city centres.  

Can someone please explain to me how these hybrids can be more efficient than an identical none electric car which does not have to carry an extra battery etc?   

Parents
  • Good morning CliveS,

First you need to understand that a hybrid vehicle is an "electric hybrid" vehicle. I will explain:
    Two energy sources gasoline engine and electric motor. This means that unlike electric vehicles, there is no need to connect them to a power source to charge their electric battery, because when the electric battery is weak, the petrol engine charges it back.

In addition, in any mode of braking or cruising the vehicle, the engine utilizes this mode to generate electricity and charge the battery. The result - zero fuel consumption, zero pollutant emissions and significantly quieter urban driving.

I live in Israel and every year our roads are filled with more and more electric or hybrid cars, which not only contribute to the preservation of the environment, but also save a lot of money for drivers.

It should be taken into account in a full electric vehicle (EV) regarding the range of travel and that there are charging positions compared to a hybrid vehicle I explained above (the battery is charged by the engine). There is no doubt that a hybrid vehicle has less worries about charging.

• Good morning CliveS,

First you need to understand that a hybrid vehicle is an "electric hybrid" vehicle. I will explain:
    Two energy sources gasoline engine and electric motor. This means that unlike electric vehicles, there is no need to connect them to a power source to charge their electric battery, because when the electric battery is weak, the petrol engine charges it back.

In addition, in any mode of braking or cruising the vehicle, the engine utilizes this mode to generate electricity and charge the battery. The result - zero fuel consumption, zero pollutant emissions and significantly quieter urban driving.

I live in Israel and every year our roads are filled with more and more electric or hybrid cars, which not only contribute to the preservation of the environment, but also save a lot of money for drivers.

It should be taken into account in a full electric vehicle (EV) regarding the range of travel and that there are charging positions compared to a hybrid vehicle I explained above (the battery is charged by the engine). There is no doubt that a hybrid vehicle has less worries about charging.

Children
No Data