This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Maintaining professional registration without the IET

Anybody know how I can maintain professional registration with the Engineering Council if I decide to leave the IET?

Parents
  • A good point Andy, which probably illustrates my experience being biased towards “heavy industry” and construction. 

I also erred by saying “50+ years”, it should have been 40+, although I’m aware of the landscape before that. You also illustrate an assumption in my answer, that “skilled” was at or about the threshold for Engineering Council registration Eng Tech. 

It is important in this this context, that we all question our assumptions and recognise those of others.  

• A good point Andy, which probably illustrates my experience being biased towards “heavy industry” and construction. 

I also erred by saying “50+ years”, it should have been 40+, although I’m aware of the landscape before that. You also illustrate an assumption in my answer, that “skilled” was at or about the threshold for Engineering Council registration Eng Tech. 

It is important in this this context, that we all question our assumptions and recognise those of others.  

Children
No Data