This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Star delta motor running in reverse

cb2b3ed0d9721889dcb921ed793efac0-huge-20211118_155237.jpg
Star delta connected as above. The phases are in correct rotation (have a phase rotation relay in control circuit). Motor is running in reverse, but I can't for the life of me remember how to reverse the motor at the motor terminals. I can't just swap the MCCB feed so how should I alter the wiring at the terms to make the above work?
Parents
  • That is interesting I'd expect the 6 terminals to be  

U1 U2

V1  V2

W1 W2

Where U1-U2 is one winding, V-1-V2 is another.

having said that it may be so you can do this with simple links, though you are using the Y D starter to do the links

What is the make of the motor ?

However, assuming it really is as you think, but to be safe do please check that first with a meter on  ohms, 

swap the wires  U1 with V1  and the wires U2 with V2. 

(or indeed any winding that is a 1-2 pair for any other winding that is a 1-2 pair)

It would be cleaner to swap any 2 phases at the point they enter the machine.

Mike

• That is interesting I'd expect the 6 terminals to be  

U1 U2

V1  V2

W1 W2

Where U1-U2 is one winding, V-1-V2 is another.

having said that it may be so you can do this with simple links, though you are using the Y D starter to do the links

What is the make of the motor ?

However, assuming it really is as you think, but to be safe do please check that first with a meter on  ohms, 

swap the wires  U1 with V1  and the wires U2 with V2. 

(or indeed any winding that is a 1-2 pair for any other winding that is a 1-2 pair)

It would be cleaner to swap any 2 phases at the point they enter the machine.

Mike

Children
No Data