This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

I hope the Climate Activists are proud of the effect their lies are having on the younger generation

If this survey is real the messages these young people are receiving are completely wrong.

We need to reduce our impact on our planet but CO2 is a complete red herring. The current ECS (temperature increase for a doubling of CO2 in the atmosphere) is centred around 3°C (IPCC AR6). The 2°C will destroy civilisation is simply made up.

Parents
  • Here's my take.

Most young people, at least my peers (25-35-year-olds), agree that we need to do a lot more. I don’t think they identify CO2 as the main threat, but more the mindset of corporations/governments shackled to capitalism. Sure, we’re making positive changes, but we have a long way to go before we can say we’re making moderate gains. Most emissions are generated by industry (when I last checked); we need to make energy-intensive processes non-reliant on fossil fuels. We can't worry about who's to blame; we need to focus on the future and how we make it better for everyone. I think most humans suffer from a lack of altruism; instead, they live here and now without considering the whole. 

I highly recommend watching “Breaking Boundaries: The Science Of Our Planet,” narrated by David Attenborough; everyone needs to see it to consider what they can do; we all play a part! 

• Here's my take.

Most young people, at least my peers (25-35-year-olds), agree that we need to do a lot more. I don’t think they identify CO2 as the main threat, but more the mindset of corporations/governments shackled to capitalism. Sure, we’re making positive changes, but we have a long way to go before we can say we’re making moderate gains. Most emissions are generated by industry (when I last checked); we need to make energy-intensive processes non-reliant on fossil fuels. We can't worry about who's to blame; we need to focus on the future and how we make it better for everyone. I think most humans suffer from a lack of altruism; instead, they live here and now without considering the whole. 

I highly recommend watching “Breaking Boundaries: The Science Of Our Planet,” narrated by David Attenborough; everyone needs to see it to consider what they can do; we all play a part! 

Children
No Data