This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

I hope the Climate Activists are proud of the effect their lies are having on the younger generation

If this survey is real the messages these young people are receiving are completely wrong.

We need to reduce our impact on our planet but CO2 is a complete red herring. The current ECS (temperature increase for a doubling of CO2 in the atmosphere) is centred around 3°C (IPCC AR6). The 2°C will destroy civilisation is simply made up.

Parents
  • It may be calming to have a look at what Dr. Roger Pielke Jr, professor of environmental studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder has found in the latest IPCC report:

"These conclusions of the IPCC, and presented in the language of the IPCC below, indicate that it is simply incorrect to claim that on climate time scales the frequency or intensity of extreme weather and climate events has increased for: flooding, drought (meteorological or hydrological), tropical cyclones, winter storms, thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, lightning or extreme winds (so, storms of any type). "

rogerpielkejr.substack.com/.../how-to-understand-the-new-ipcc-report-1e3

Having spent the early decades of my life in the Soviet Union, I can recognise the methodology used at forcing the "anthropogenic climate crisis" belief upon the global audiences these days: point at the self-evident moral virtue argument and play the scientific consensus card (I've heard of even 99%), keep any deviant opinions out of the mainstream media and ostrasize the carriers of any sceptical voice, indoctrinate the young as early as possible.

Humanity needs to replace fossil fuels one day, no doubt, but for the right reasons. Once the climate alarmism phase is over (before 2030, I hope), the west can perhaps understand why it took so long for the Soviet Union to collapse even after the fear of death for political thought digressions was long gone: fear of "being cancelled" and losing a good job can be as effective in establishing self-censorship. 

• It may be calming to have a look at what Dr. Roger Pielke Jr, professor of environmental studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder has found in the latest IPCC report:

"These conclusions of the IPCC, and presented in the language of the IPCC below, indicate that it is simply incorrect to claim that on climate time scales the frequency or intensity of extreme weather and climate events has increased for: flooding, drought (meteorological or hydrological), tropical cyclones, winter storms, thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, lightning or extreme winds (so, storms of any type). "

rogerpielkejr.substack.com/.../how-to-understand-the-new-ipcc-report-1e3

Having spent the early decades of my life in the Soviet Union, I can recognise the methodology used at forcing the "anthropogenic climate crisis" belief upon the global audiences these days: point at the self-evident moral virtue argument and play the scientific consensus card (I've heard of even 99%), keep any deviant opinions out of the mainstream media and ostrasize the carriers of any sceptical voice, indoctrinate the young as early as possible.

Humanity needs to replace fossil fuels one day, no doubt, but for the right reasons. Once the climate alarmism phase is over (before 2030, I hope), the west can perhaps understand why it took so long for the Soviet Union to collapse even after the fear of death for political thought digressions was long gone: fear of "being cancelled" and losing a good job can be as effective in establishing self-censorship. 

Children
No Data