This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Philippines???

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hi, just as a brief intro, I'm a UK expat working in Qatar, with family in the Philippines. Also amongst other things a soon to be retired EMEA-CC member.

On my last trip to Mindanao I was approached by a Niece who goes to one of the local universities for assistance in a industrial visit. Helping her was a no-brainer but then the gears in the brain slowly started turning!

What can the IET do to help support young professionals in such an empoverished area, especially as there is no LN in the Philippines according to the UK?

In other countries we've been keen on supporting students by way of student chapters...has this been considered in your region.

Sorry about poking my nose in on another CC, maybe when I retire permanently to Philippines I can give you guys some support there  but not quite yet.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    email addresses, personal - btate1956@gmail.com or business - bill.tate@ch2m.com

The UK may be able to assist regarding any members in the Philippines,the problem will be those who are listed as there but may be working overseas, such as myself.

The other problem will be membership payments in basically a cash based society. this is something the EMEA-CC has been pushing the UK with regards making payment easiier in areas where credit cards are not the norm.

Many thanks

Bill

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    email addresses, personal - btate1956@gmail.com or business - bill.tate@ch2m.com

The UK may be able to assist regarding any members in the Philippines,the problem will be those who are listed as there but may be working overseas, such as myself.

The other problem will be membership payments in basically a cash based society. this is something the EMEA-CC has been pushing the UK with regards making payment easiier in areas where credit cards are not the norm.

Many thanks

Bill

Children
No Data