This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Philippines???

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hi, just as a brief intro, I'm a UK expat working in Qatar, with family in the Philippines. Also amongst other things a soon to be retired EMEA-CC member.

On my last trip to Mindanao I was approached by a Niece who goes to one of the local universities for assistance in a industrial visit. Helping her was a no-brainer but then the gears in the brain slowly started turning!

What can the IET do to help support young professionals in such an empoverished area, especially as there is no LN in the Philippines according to the UK?

In other countries we've been keen on supporting students by way of student chapters...has this been considered in your region.

Sorry about poking my nose in on another CC, maybe when I retire permanently to Philippines I can give you guys some support there  but not quite yet.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

Parents
  • Great to hear of your interest to contribute to IET as a volunteer. It will be beneficial to those in the Philippines. I am sure CCAP will be keen to assist in whatever way possible. In the first place we need to find out members who are currently residing in the Phillipines.

Chris Chew
  • Great to hear of your interest to contribute to IET as a volunteer. It will be beneficial to those in the Philippines. I am sure CCAP will be keen to assist in whatever way possible. In the first place we need to find out members who are currently residing in the Phillipines.

Chris Chew
Children
No Data