This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Have a question you need answered? Ask the community!

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
There are plenty of like-minded individuals within the IET Women's Network that may be able to help you with a query so, feel free to add to this thread.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi, my company has recently held a event where around 60 teenage girls come to visit our factory and talk with female employees about the possible career path towards engineering job. Apart from others who have a relatively vague understanding about STEM, there was one girl, who has a very clear view and could talk logically about her plan and idea for future career in STEM industry. And it turns out that one of her close relative is working in STEM and influences her a lot. So, yes, definitely, to provide more information/materials to those adolescents will have a great impact one their view of career and their understanding of gender equality in engineering area. I would like to help this ''Women in STEM bookclub for primary schools'' if anything can be achieved!
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi, my company has recently held a event where around 60 teenage girls come to visit our factory and talk with female employees about the possible career path towards engineering job. Apart from others who have a relatively vague understanding about STEM, there was one girl, who has a very clear view and could talk logically about her plan and idea for future career in STEM industry. And it turns out that one of her close relative is working in STEM and influences her a lot. So, yes, definitely, to provide more information/materials to those adolescents will have a great impact one their view of career and their understanding of gender equality in engineering area. I would like to help this ''Women in STEM bookclub for primary schools'' if anything can be achieved!
Children
No Data