This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce yourself!

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Tell everybody, who you are, what you do and who you would like to connect with.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi I'm Teresa I graduated in electronic engineering in 1984 and worked at Texas Instruments and Motorola Automotive and so worked in USA and Europe even when my two sons were small. They are now 20/23 and both are currently taking MEng mechanical engineering degrees and so I keep upto date with student life through them and the voluntary work I do for IEEE UK. I have't seen female 'techies' make the progress in industry that women in other professions take for granted. It is still a mans world and hard to manage a family -who are the female leaders who are engineers in industry? I watched a Cisco webcast to a live audience of 6500 in London yesterday and 95% were male listening to a female CTO. I don't much care about gender but men don't have 95% of the good ideas about how technology can advance. 

If anyone is interested I have managed the European session of the EWEEK Global Marathon For By and About Women in Engineering Technology for the past 5 years and am planning this year's event March 6th to 8th. This is a free. live virtual conversation for women of all disciplines of engineering; all career stages and in all nations. DuPont South America will lead but contact me for more info. 
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi I'm Teresa I graduated in electronic engineering in 1984 and worked at Texas Instruments and Motorola Automotive and so worked in USA and Europe even when my two sons were small. They are now 20/23 and both are currently taking MEng mechanical engineering degrees and so I keep upto date with student life through them and the voluntary work I do for IEEE UK. I have't seen female 'techies' make the progress in industry that women in other professions take for granted. It is still a mans world and hard to manage a family -who are the female leaders who are engineers in industry? I watched a Cisco webcast to a live audience of 6500 in London yesterday and 95% were male listening to a female CTO. I don't much care about gender but men don't have 95% of the good ideas about how technology can advance. 

If anyone is interested I have managed the European session of the EWEEK Global Marathon For By and About Women in Engineering Technology for the past 5 years and am planning this year's event March 6th to 8th. This is a free. live virtual conversation for women of all disciplines of engineering; all career stages and in all nations. DuPont South America will lead but contact me for more info. 
Children
No Data