This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Collaboration between IET & volunteers

I've raised the issue of collaboration between the IET staff and volunteers before, and the fact that IET development managers and other staff are working within the regions without keeping the local volunteers informed. They set up business and academic partnerships, promote the IET as a body, and run local events, but all without letting the local boys know what they are doing. I've just discovered that the IET are running a local registration event, less than a week away, and I learned of it from another body. Why? The IET knows what the local volunteers are doing, CRM's see to this, so why not feed information the other way too.

I like to refer to it as "mushroom syndrome", keep us in the dark and feed us... compost?
Parents
  • By local boys I mean volunteer members, in this case the LN committee, the event has been organised by a regional development manager from HQ. Our RDM has visiblity of our site, planning documents and publicity material and is therefore pretty well informed of what the LN is doing, so that he is able to support us. In the years I've been a local volunteer we have had very little local feedback from HQ, for example when local universities (from whom we draw some of our volunteers) become academic partners. Even as a simple member who is undergoing registration, I would have like to have heard about this local registration event from the IET and not from another organisation.
  • By local boys I mean volunteer members, in this case the LN committee, the event has been organised by a regional development manager from HQ. Our RDM has visiblity of our site, planning documents and publicity material and is therefore pretty well informed of what the LN is doing, so that he is able to support us. In the years I've been a local volunteer we have had very little local feedback from HQ, for example when local universities (from whom we draw some of our volunteers) become academic partners. Even as a simple member who is undergoing registration, I would have like to have heard about this local registration event from the IET and not from another organisation.
Children
No Data