This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Why not tell everybody, who you are, what you do and what you would like to get out of your involvement with this community?
Parents
  • Hi All,

My name is Amber and I am a commissioning editor for Engineering and Technology Reference (www.theiet.org/etr).

I joined this community because an engineer recently told me he would not consider writing an article because of his dyslexia. He was very senior and had lots of knowledge and experience, but didn't feel able to write about what he knew. 

I wondered if anyone else in this group felt the same and wondered if anyone had any suggestions to help remedy this.

To anyone who is interested in being published but is worried about their writing skills, please note that your engineering knowledge is what is important - we (the editors) will sort out spelling and grammar!

Happy to have an informal chat with anyone wanting to know more about what we look for in our authors (athomas@theiet.org / 01438 76 55 36).

Best,

Amber

• Hi All,

My name is Amber and I am a commissioning editor for Engineering and Technology Reference (www.theiet.org/etr).

I joined this community because an engineer recently told me he would not consider writing an article because of his dyslexia. He was very senior and had lots of knowledge and experience, but didn't feel able to write about what he knew. 

I wondered if anyone else in this group felt the same and wondered if anyone had any suggestions to help remedy this.

To anyone who is interested in being published but is worried about their writing skills, please note that your engineering knowledge is what is important - we (the editors) will sort out spelling and grammar!

Happy to have an informal chat with anyone wanting to know more about what we look for in our authors (athomas@theiet.org / 01438 76 55 36).

Best,

Amber

Children
No Data