This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

MSc Candidate Requesting Some Insight

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hello,

I have had a very interesting conversation from an MSc candidate at Johns Hopkins University in Washington DC.  Her thesis research is focused on enabling environments for women's participation in the clean energy sector in the Global North.  She is conducting some research analyzing energy policies, as well as education data, to get a sense of opportunities and disconnect.   

One of the questions that she asked was what the effects of including gender in policy were, in terms of retention of women in the energy sector.  Would anybody reading this be able to share their persepective in the comment section of this thread?  It would be interesting to hear you perspective even if it is not directly linked to the energy sector.

Kind regards,

Jo

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I returned to engineering after a 10 year career break. My return was supported by a funded short course with Open University aimed at women returners to STEM, and a supportive manager who allowed me to work flexibly. These were important factors alongside my drive to succeed in my chosen career . Policy at organisational and individual level played a part.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I returned to engineering after a 10 year career break. My return was supported by a funded short course with Open University aimed at women returners to STEM, and a supportive manager who allowed me to work flexibly. These were important factors alongside my drive to succeed in my chosen career . Policy at organisational and individual level played a part.
Children
No Data