This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Community Energy Cooperatives & Decentralised Generation

Any IET members who have specific knowledge on either of these 2 topics, I would love to hear from you.

I am looking to help create a new community owned energy cooperative in my local area, could be an exciting and interesting project to be involved with, its in the very early stages, but every journey starts with a single step...

I thought that the IET would have helpful information for those looking into this area, but perhaps I was wrong or I am looking in the wrong place. If anyone knows of useful website links, please reply below.

www.facebook.com/SpelthorneEnergy

www.twitter.com/SpelthorneE

Regards, Ian Coggan CEng MIET
Parents
  • We did it :-) We managed to raise over £125k of investment in a bit of a last minute rush (George Osborne changed the rules relating to tax relief on Community Energy Projects!) and over Christmas the installation was installed on a Community Arts Building and is now producing power, what an effort from all the team involved, I played only a very small role helping promote our Coop's fundraising activites on Facebook to try and help bring in investors. 

Our Coop will have another share issue soon, sadly without the SEIS 50% tax rebate which made the last investment so attractive, but the next installation is on a School very near to Staines Town Centre.  Investing £1,000 into an ethical investment with returns for the next 20 years is a great gift to hounour a new addition to the family, a nice yearly present up until their 20th birthday.

www.maidenergy.coop/.../
  • We did it :-) We managed to raise over £125k of investment in a bit of a last minute rush (George Osborne changed the rules relating to tax relief on Community Energy Projects!) and over Christmas the installation was installed on a Community Arts Building and is now producing power, what an effort from all the team involved, I played only a very small role helping promote our Coop's fundraising activites on Facebook to try and help bring in investors. 

Our Coop will have another share issue soon, sadly without the SEIS 50% tax rebate which made the last investment so attractive, but the next installation is on a School very near to Staines Town Centre.  Investing £1,000 into an ethical investment with returns for the next 20 years is a great gift to hounour a new addition to the family, a nice yearly present up until their 20th birthday.

www.maidenergy.coop/.../
Children
No Data