This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Community Energy Cooperatives & Decentralised Generation

Any IET members who have specific knowledge on either of these 2 topics, I would love to hear from you.

I am looking to help create a new community owned energy cooperative in my local area, could be an exciting and interesting project to be involved with, its in the very early stages, but every journey starts with a single step...

I thought that the IET would have helpful information for those looking into this area, but perhaps I was wrong or I am looking in the wrong place. If anyone knows of useful website links, please reply below.

www.facebook.com/SpelthorneEnergy

www.twitter.com/SpelthorneE

Regards, Ian Coggan CEng MIET
Parents
  • I take it you are also unhappy about the huge tax relief for the oil and gas Industry to explore the North Sea deep water sector? That's £1.3billion of tax relief, think that places any government subsidies regarding solar into insignificance by comparison.
    next.ft.com/.../4ce567e8-4f0b-11e5-b029-b9d50a74fd14

You must also be equally outraged by the government agreeing a price / MWh far about that expected to be a fair market rate for new UK nuclear power stations, what is that if not a state subsidy / hand out (to a Chinese state owner company - you thought the Torys liked the free market) which is going to add many £s to all our bills, which we know will hit the poorest hardest.

The UK energy market is being driven by forces encouraged by it's disasterous privatisation and ownership by the UK arms of state owned energy giants from other countries, sure the money is going from the poor to the rich, but the rich are the shareholders in those companies involved in ripping off the UK consumer....Which has done much to highlight the failure of this market and the many and varied ways consumers get a terrible deal.

The sums involved in sudsidising the UK Community Owned solar industry are a pittance in comparison to the £300billion implicit yearly subsidy of the UK financial sector (whose reckless acts help bring about a global financial meltdown once and we are likely to see the situation repeated in my lifetime), I know which sector I would rather support :-)

• I take it you are also unhappy about the huge tax relief for the oil and gas Industry to explore the North Sea deep water sector? That's £1.3billion of tax relief, think that places any government subsidies regarding solar into insignificance by comparison.
    next.ft.com/.../4ce567e8-4f0b-11e5-b029-b9d50a74fd14

You must also be equally outraged by the government agreeing a price / MWh far about that expected to be a fair market rate for new UK nuclear power stations, what is that if not a state subsidy / hand out (to a Chinese state owner company - you thought the Torys liked the free market) which is going to add many £s to all our bills, which we know will hit the poorest hardest.

The UK energy market is being driven by forces encouraged by it's disasterous privatisation and ownership by the UK arms of state owned energy giants from other countries, sure the money is going from the poor to the rich, but the rich are the shareholders in those companies involved in ripping off the UK consumer....Which has done much to highlight the failure of this market and the many and varied ways consumers get a terrible deal.

The sums involved in sudsidising the UK Community Owned solar industry are a pittance in comparison to the £300billion implicit yearly subsidy of the UK financial sector (whose reckless acts help bring about a global financial meltdown once and we are likely to see the situation repeated in my lifetime), I know which sector I would rather support :-)

Children
No Data