This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Internet of Things (IoT) network discussion page on Engineering Communities!
This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about IoT:
Other interests:

Parents
  • Welcome Mike McKean‍ and thanks for introducing yourself! The IoT paper you're writing sounds interesting.

Have you heard of the IoT London Meetup? It's a lecture/networking event held monthly. The IET hosted an event recently at Savoy Place, as they switch venues every month. It would be a good place to start to meet people in IoT

The IET strives to represent all of engineering not just the more traditional electricity/power sectors. IoT is one of the 'key topics' for the IET at the moment

@Alex Barrett‍ this community is definitely one of the places in the IET to do that. Other relevant areas of the organisaton would include our Sectors and Standards teams who are also looking into IoT.  If  you or anyone would be interested, please let me know and I can put yoou in touch with the relevant people

Combining the IoT and Cyber communities is a very interesting idea and one that has crossed my mind. They seem to overlap quite significantly and in the Sectors team for instance, they do both fall under the same umbrella of Information and Communications. A merging would really be down to the volunteers and members of the community - is there appetite for this?

• Welcome Mike McKean‍ and thanks for introducing yourself! The IoT paper you're writing sounds interesting.

Have you heard of the IoT London Meetup? It's a lecture/networking event held monthly. The IET hosted an event recently at Savoy Place, as they switch venues every month. It would be a good place to start to meet people in IoT

The IET strives to represent all of engineering not just the more traditional electricity/power sectors. IoT is one of the 'key topics' for the IET at the moment

@Alex Barrett‍ this community is definitely one of the places in the IET to do that. Other relevant areas of the organisaton would include our Sectors and Standards teams who are also looking into IoT.  If  you or anyone would be interested, please let me know and I can put yoou in touch with the relevant people

Combining the IoT and Cyber communities is a very interesting idea and one that has crossed my mind. They seem to overlap quite significantly and in the Sectors team for instance, they do both fall under the same umbrella of Information and Communications. A merging would really be down to the volunteers and members of the community - is there appetite for this?

Children
No Data