This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Internet of Things (IoT) network discussion page on Engineering Communities!
This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about IoT:
Other interests:

Parents
  • We have various Meetup groups in Norwich, mostly what I would consider "big software" folks (PC software, apps, servers & databases, event titles I don't understand), but at one we are working up a local LoRA network with the Things Network

Security is going to be a vital part of the IoT, but it is easy to get buried in the security and lose sight of the task at hand. Both IoT and cybersecurity are big topics, and they have a large area of overlap. I'm in two minds as to whether the two communities should merge or just work together?

Can we determine the geographic spread of the group membership? If there is a cluster in SE UK maybe we could organise a weekend day conference? I only know about local network budgets and planning, so I'm not sure how a community group would organise this? How do we differ from a TPN? Can we get relevant product vendors involved, I'm thinking Microchip/Atmel, ST, NXP, Maxim etc. who make both IoT platforms and security devices?
  • We have various Meetup groups in Norwich, mostly what I would consider "big software" folks (PC software, apps, servers & databases, event titles I don't understand), but at one we are working up a local LoRA network with the Things Network

Security is going to be a vital part of the IoT, but it is easy to get buried in the security and lose sight of the task at hand. Both IoT and cybersecurity are big topics, and they have a large area of overlap. I'm in two minds as to whether the two communities should merge or just work together?

Can we determine the geographic spread of the group membership? If there is a cluster in SE UK maybe we could organise a weekend day conference? I only know about local network budgets and planning, so I'm not sure how a community group would organise this? How do we differ from a TPN? Can we get relevant product vendors involved, I'm thinking Microchip/Atmel, ST, NXP, Maxim etc. who make both IoT platforms and security devices?
Children
No Data