This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Railway discussion page on Engineering Communities!

This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about railway engineering
Other interests:

Parents
  • Hi, I am Ray Butchart and work as a Tech Dir with a company called Setec Ltd, in UK. Have been with the rail industry since 1993; first on track with Maintenance Team out of York, then the Faulting Team. Joined the BR Signalling & Telecommunication (S&T) training division and became a support trainer, then a full time trainer for Signalling. Now deliver a range of maintenance Signalling courses and also Signalling Technology at Basic and Intermediate Levels. Also Level Crossing (LX) Maintenance and LX Design. Have delivered to school leavers Basic Signalling courses and 'Introduction to Signalling' to the Graduate Training programs for several large companies. Have worked with LUL delivering Maintenance and Engineering Skills.

Previous to that was employed within the Royal Air Force for 22yrs in aircaft engineering and engineering (workshops) support.

Enjoy downhill skiing and I am a sports diving (SCUBA) instructor; been diving for last 49 yrs. Avid reader and like photography.
  • Hi, I am Ray Butchart and work as a Tech Dir with a company called Setec Ltd, in UK. Have been with the rail industry since 1993; first on track with Maintenance Team out of York, then the Faulting Team. Joined the BR Signalling & Telecommunication (S&T) training division and became a support trainer, then a full time trainer for Signalling. Now deliver a range of maintenance Signalling courses and also Signalling Technology at Basic and Intermediate Levels. Also Level Crossing (LX) Maintenance and LX Design. Have delivered to school leavers Basic Signalling courses and 'Introduction to Signalling' to the Graduate Training programs for several large companies. Have worked with LUL delivering Maintenance and Engineering Skills.

Previous to that was employed within the Royal Air Force for 22yrs in aircaft engineering and engineering (workshops) support.

Enjoy downhill skiing and I am a sports diving (SCUBA) instructor; been diving for last 49 yrs. Avid reader and like photography.
Children
No Data