This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

E&T Magazine article: 'Hidden Figures' - uncovering the truth of women and STEM

Just in case you missed it, here is a link to a great article in E&T Magazine about some women in STEM through history: https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2017/02/hidden-figures-uncovering-the-truth-of-women-and-stem/ 

Enjoy!
Parents

• Jo Foster:

Abimbola Akanwo-Hood:

Cheers Amber.

Wouldn't it be nice if the IET could organise a screening of the film...? Girls' night out anyone...? :)

Actually, I wonder how hard it would be to organise a screening at the IET and invite members of the other institutions (RAEng, IOP, Ri, IMechE, ICE...)?

Hmm...

Hi Abi,

We actually did have the opportunity to give away some tickets, on two seperate occasions! :)  Most of them went to some of our YWE affiliates.  We were also given an amazing opportunity to play the trailer at the YWE ceremony.  If we are lucky enough to get anymore, I will let you know.  However, I see that Antonia may have some up for grabs!! :)

Cheers Jo.

• Jo Foster:

Abimbola Akanwo-Hood:

Cheers Amber.

Wouldn't it be nice if the IET could organise a screening of the film...? Girls' night out anyone...? :)

Actually, I wonder how hard it would be to organise a screening at the IET and invite members of the other institutions (RAEng, IOP, Ri, IMechE, ICE...)?

Hmm...

Hi Abi,

We actually did have the opportunity to give away some tickets, on two seperate occasions! :)  Most of them went to some of our YWE affiliates.  We were also given an amazing opportunity to play the trailer at the YWE ceremony.  If we are lucky enough to get anymore, I will let you know.  However, I see that Antonia may have some up for grabs!! :)

Cheers Jo.

Children
No Data